Leveraging Times Square Remnants for Effective Brand Recognition and Customer Acquisition
This white paper presents a case study showcasing the successful utilization of billboard space remnants in Times Square to enhance brand recognition and attract new customers within the eyewear industry. The study focuses on a recently established online kids' eyewear brand that faced challenges in advertising through traditional online channels due to escalating costs. The brand explored an impactful out-of-home advertising campaign in Times Square to overcome this obstacle. This white paper examines the campaign's strategy, execution, and outcomes.
In today's rapidly evolving digital advertising landscape, emerging online brands face significant challenges in establishing brand recognition and acquiring new customers. The eyewear industry has witnessed escalating costs in online advertising, making it increasingly difficult for new players to compete effectively. As a result, these brands are seeking alternative marketing avenues to reach their target audience and make a lasting impact.
This case study explores the successful utilization of remnants of billboard space in the iconic Times Square, highlighting a creative advertising campaign designed to enhance brand recognition and attract new customers for a burgeoning kids' eyewear brand.
Recognizing the limitations of traditional online advertising channels, this brand embarked on a unique approach to leverage the prominent billboard spaces in Times Square. By deploying a 15-second spot featuring a child dynamically interacting with glasses, the campaign aimed to create an impactful visual experience for passersby. Considering budget constraints, the decision was made to run the video for 15 seconds every 10 minutes during school pick-up times, optimizing exposure to the target audience.
This case study aims to provide valuable insights into the effectiveness of alternative marketing strategies for emerging brands within the eyewear industry. Analyzing this campaign, we aim to inspire and guide other online brands facing similar challenges. The subsequent sections will delve into the campaign's strategy, execution, and outcomes, emphasizing the potential of out-of-home advertising to boost brand recognition and customer acquisition.
Through a comprehensive examination of the chosen strategy, we will explore the impact of this Times Square campaign on the brand's visibility, engagement levels, and potential customer base expansion. By quantifying the results, including increased website traffic, social media interactions, and overall online presence, we can evaluate the effectiveness of this unique approach.
In conclusion, this case study sheds light on the possibilities and advantages associated with leveraging remnants of billboard space as an alternative to expensive online advertising within the eyewear industry. By maintaining anonymity and focusing on the campaign's strategy and outcomes, we aim to empower emerging online brands to think creatively, adapt their marketing approaches, and achieve brand recognition and customer acquisition goals.
Campaign Strategy and Execution:
The brand devised a strategic campaign to leverage the remnants of billboard space in Times Square to overcome the challenges posed by escalating online advertising costs. The objective was to enhance brand recognition and attract new customers by creating a memorable and impactful visual experience. Here is an overview of the campaign strategy and execution:
1. Target Audience and Brand Alignment: The brand conducted thorough market research to identify its target audience and ensure the campaign resonated with their interests and needs. The focus was capturing parents' attention during school pick-up times in Times Square, aligning with the brand's target demographic.
2. Concept Development: In collaboration with your team, a creative concept was developed to maximize the impact of the billboard campaign. The decision was to create a 15 second video featuring a child putting on glasses. This concept aimed to evoke a sense of wonder and playfulness while showcasing the brand's eyewear offerings.
3. Optimal Time and Duration: Considering the budget limitations, the campaign was strategically scheduled for two hours during school pick-up times. The 15-second video was displayed every 10 minutes, ensuring repeated exposure to passersby during this peak period. This approach aimed to capture parents' attention and create a lasting impression within a limited time frame.
4. Visual Impact and Design: Working closely with the client, our team developed a visually striking video highlighting the child's interaction with the glasses and it was a beautiful visual metaphor for the brand's eyewear offerings, conveying that their products enhance children's vision and style.
5. Message Clarity and Simplicity: The messaging was kept concise and straightforward to maximize the campaign's effectiveness. The focus was on showcasing the brand's logo, tagline, and the child's interaction with the glasses, ensuring the key brand elements were easily recognizable and memorable.
6. Technical Execution: The video was carefully produced and tailored to the specific dimensions and display capabilities of the chosen billboard space in Times Square. Rigorous testing and adjustments were conducted to ensure optimal visual quality and alignment with the intended effect.
7. Performance Monitoring and Analysis: Throughout the campaign, data analytics and monitoring tools were employed to assess the performance and impact of the billboard display. Metrics such as website traffic, social media engagement, and overall brand visibility were tracked to evaluate the campaign's effectiveness in achieving its intended goals.
By implementing this strategic approach to the campaign, the brand aimed to enhance brand recognition, attract new customers, and differentiate itself from competitors. The captivating video, strategic scheduling during school pick-up times, and clear messaging aimed to create a memorable and impactful experience for the target audience in the bustling environment of Times Square.